“Throw away the briefcase: you’re not going to the office. You can kiss your benefits goodbye too. And your new boss won’t look much like your old one. There’s no longer a ladder, and you may never get to retire, but there’s world of opportunity if you figure out a new path.” --TIME

Thursday, September 9, 2010

My first blog post...

My roommate and I are currently in the middle of a failing experiment. We cancelled our Verizon television, phone and internet service about two months ago. We were attempting to go an unspecified time without TV watching, and that is working well. I no longer sit in front of the tube staring blankly at ESPN with little regard for the content of the broadcast. Amateur ping-pong would sometimes take the place of a real sporting event. The point being, TV is a cesspool and watching it turns a mind to mush. The TV part of the experiment is working wonderfully. The mental obsession to grab the remote upon entering the house has been removed!


However, my addiction to the internet has me spending hours in my local coffee shop, Espresso Joe’s in Keyport, the township where I live, guzzling Diet Dr Peppers all day. . It would definitely be cheaper to get internet service at the house since I drink about 5 Diet DP’s - but people watching would suffer tremendously. Since I am in career transition… not working that is… my primary reason for countless hours scouring the web is the home-based business industry. The daily routine really does not vary. I leave the coffee shop to go to classes at Rutgers --where I am a full-time student for the first time in about two decades-- and come back when they are done. I’m pretty boring these days.

I have never had a blog, but had been considering one, so this one will be loosely dedicated to the exploding home-based business industry. The formulation of the blog was simple enough… I merely followed the "blogger" directions. Following directions is a skill I have only recently acquired. I have linked a couple of books which I found helpful in my research and will add some videos in the next couple of days (if I can figure out how).

In Economist Paul Zane Pilzer’s book The Next Millionaires he predicts 10 million new millionaires will be created in the coming decade. The economy is changing and those who resist change will get left behind.

If you read The Next Millionaires which came out in 2007, everything he has predicted about the economy has come to fruition.

In the book, Professor Pilzer explains in detail why the 21st century will be known as the age of the entrepreneur, and how you can become one of the next 10 million millionaires--especially if you are in direct selling, technology, home-based business, product distribution, or a soon to be trillion-dollar industry like wellness. Pilzer explains how intellectual distribution, defined as teaching people about products or services that they didn't even know exist, will replace old models of moving goods or services such as retail outlets. (Drive by a strip mall and observe the empty storefronts if you doubt this.) And, drawing on his 33 years of experience as an entrepreneur and employer, it explains how to use your past to find your place in the new economy.

So that’s really it, the blog will reflect my interest in this industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment